Friday Five – Inspirational interiors from a moody duo

7/20/2018 07:05:00 am Unknown 0 Comments

Why do Fridays keep coming around so quickly? I mean I'm pleased that the weekend is almost upon us, but I just need one more day to get stuff done!

Today's Friday Five inspiration comes from the founders or uber-cool lighting company, Apparatus Studio.  Gabriel Hendifar and Jeremy Anderson founded the studio only a few years ago and I just love their focus on tactile, raw materials (brass, leather, marble, even horsehair!) Their style is inspired by the industrial and the mid-century, but manages to be totally current at the same time. Their designs are already becoming iconic and they just happen to have the most fantastically decorated home and studio in NYC too.

I mean who wouldn't want to work in this amazing office? It's glamorous yet raw, mid-century yet timeless. I love the combination of plywood walls and patinated brass with marble and plush carpet – and the fabulous muted colour palette of the painting. It's somehow glamorous and luxurious, yet understated and raw at the same time.


The sitting area at their studio is beautifully understated too...I love the cowhide (of course) and the balanced chandelier that looks both heavy and delicate.
Source
While the entryway showcases some of their most popular designs – with oh-so-on-trend black crittal doors of course. That wall light on the right is made of horsehair and reminds me of a Norse god in a helmet. I soooo want to stroke it. (Is that wrong?)


And of course these guys can do dark and moody with aplomb – witness the clash of 70s sofas and traditional rug below. The 70s might be known as the decade that taste forgot, but I have a feeling we're going to be remembering a lot of their sofas very soon. (Check out this post for the best 1970s sofas to invest in). Better get on eBay now before everyone catches on.


Where was I? Ah yes, Gabriel and Jeremy's indefatigable sense of style. Check out their master bedroom below. The muted blue-grey walls are the perfect backdrop for all that texture – soft leather headboard, vintage textile throw, sheepskin stool, afghan rug, linen bedding, tortoiseshell....you get the idea, and you know how I love a bit of texture.


So there you have it, 5 inspirational interiors, from one very inspirational duo.

Happy Friday all.

H x




SaveSave

0 comments: