Friday Five – South American interior design.

1/19/2018 12:11:00 pm Unknown 0 Comments

It's Friday, yay! As I've mentioned recently, things are pretty busy here at Hide & Seek London (which is obviously a very good thing) but I'm conscious it's usually writing the blog that drops off the to-do list. So I've been working on some ideas to add some quick, simple but definitely inspiring content to the blog – without necessarily spending 6 hours on every post. (Yes, really!)

So here is the first in a new series: The Friday Five. The aim is to share 5 fabulous interior images from my travels around the internet. Quick, simple but definitely inspiring. For today's Friday Five I'm looking to a country that is high on my design radar at the moment: Brazil (in fact all of South America seems to be on fire when it comes to design at the moment!). The work of Brazilian firm Ourica Arquiteture e Design is just fantastic. Classic, simple and understatedly beautiful. I officially have a new design-crush.

Take this living room – the white walls, wooden shelves, books and modern art. It looks stylish, collected and beautiful, yet really homely and comfortable too.

Source for all images: Ourica Arquiteture e Design



Or this landing area – I love the beautiful leather chaise, the large abstract painting and that gorgeous striped kilim rug (have I mentioned I like rugs before?).

Or how about this fabulous hallway? White walls, wood cladding, another great painting and rug combination. If I ever get to buy my dream home, it will be a boxy 1950s/60s home with wood cladding, plain windows and big square rooms. Filled with fabulous rugs, textiles and mid-century furniture of course! And this would be pretty close to my ideal entrance hall. 


Then there's this living room. So good I've had to show you 2 pictures. More rugs, patinated leather chairs and large coffee tables. It just looks so effortlessly simple, laid-back and yet cosy. We do at least have a woodburner at home – it's just the enormous windows, lush green view and overall scale that I'm envious of!





I'm feeling seriously inspired by South American interior design at the moment, but what do you think? And let me know what you think of the Friday Five idea. I'm hoping it will help me stick to one of my new year's resolutions (blogging twice a week). Gah, I wasn't going to talk about resolutions, so doomed to disappointment. Happy weekend everyone!

0 comments: