There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity...

6/16/2015 02:00:00 pm Unknown 0 Comments

Hi. My name is Helen. This time last year I had a well-paid, full-on career in sales and marketing, 2 young boys and no intentions of making any major changes to my life. Fast forward 12 months and I have a third (totally adored) baby, no income and less time than I ever thought possible! Quite how I’ve got myself in this position I’m still not quite sure. 

Call it bravery, stupidity (...or hormones) but just over 3 months ago I decided, with remarkably little prior-planning, to quit the secure, reliable job and set out on my own, in a totally new direction... starting my own interiors boutique. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. If you get away with it, you're brave. If you don’t, you're stupid. I just hope I’m in the first category! I’ve been a little (OK, a lot) interiors-obsessed for years. I’ve dreamt about making it a career... been to night-school, renovated a few houses, read a million blogs, fantasised about quitting the 9-to-5. But I never actually thought I’d do it. Not really. I’ve always needed a deadline to really get my sh*t together.  An exam... or an RFP... or a marathon... or an impending birth! Right now, the looming lack of pay-check and a business launch date of July 2015 is definitely focusing my mind. So I’m scared, enthusiastic, nervous, hopeful, anxious (and many more, less polite adjectives besides). But most of all I'm excited. So I decided to start this blog to share my obsessions, chart the highs and lows and hopefully find some kindred spirits (in design and in life!)

I hope you’ll stay with me.

0 comments: